Subject: Re: shells/zsh needs CONFIG_STATUS_OVERRIDE
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@pultek.co.jp>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/16/2004 09:05:24
On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 11:56:28AM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> Hi.  I noticed shells/zsh now fails to build at running config.status,
> and it needs the following change.  Can anyone explain
>
> * why this is needed, and

We override the generated config.status script to one that does nothing.
This is to workaround Makefiles from deciding that any changes that we've
made to GNU configure-generated files at post-configure time require
that it regenerate those files using config.status.  In the particular
case for zsh, it runs a shell script "Src/mkmakemod.sh" that explicitly
calls config.status to generate some Makefiles in certain directories.
This particular package has a need for executing the real config.status
so it needs the following in its package Makefile to avoid the
automatic override:

	CONFIG_STATUS_OVERRIDE=	# empty

> * how can such a fix be detected easily

We will need to examine the build log if it fails to build.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@buildlink.org>