Subject: HEADS UP: zoularis is being deprecated
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/14/2004 14:20:47
--/YEZ/b5VMxfka8q2

[this only affects users of pkgsrc on non-NetBSD...]

Hi all,

this is a "heads up" that I'll be deprecating Zoularis support in
pkgsrc very shortly. Zoularis has been unsupported for some time now,
as bootstrap-pkgsrc has been developed further and updated regularly,
and I feel it is time to finally put the Zoularis stuff to bed.

you will need to do a couple of things:

1. if using Zoularis, update to bootstrap-pkgsrc from CVS in
   othersrc/bootstrap-pkgsrc. you can tell if you're using Zoularis as
   you'll have a ${LOCALBASE}/bsd directory with pkgsrc tools in it --
   bootstrap-pkgsrc doesn't have this.
2. remove any ZOULARIS* definitions from /etc/mk.conf.
3. remove ${LOCALBASE}/share/mk/zoularis.mk.

pkgsrc will bomb if an old Zoularis installation is found. updating a
Zoularis installation to bootstrap-pkgsrc can be done easily:

	cvs checkout othersrc/bootstrap-pkgsrc
	cd othersrc/bootstrap-pkgsrc
	./bootstrap --prefix=<your localbase> --pkgdbdir=<your pkgdbdir>

this will update all required pkgsrc tools to the latest version. you
can then remove ${LOCALBASE}/bsd.

zoularis.mk and any ZOULARIS* definitions will be ignored if they are
present, but I recommend removing them for cleanliness' sake.

testing for a deprecated Zoularis installation will be removed after the
next release of pkgsrc.

grant.

--/YEZ/b5VMxfka8q2

--/YEZ/b5VMxfka8q2--