Subject: Re: a few issues compiling www/lynx
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/14/2004 00:28:55
> 1) It looks like "ncurses/buildlink3.mk" is included unconditionally,
> by mistake. Try commenting that out (near the bottom of pkgsrc'
> "lynx/Makefile").

yes, that works fine.

> 2) "patch-aa" may help, except that the relevant changes are for
> "netbsd" only. You might try changing the instances of "netbsd", to
> "irix|netbsd". [You can't break a patch by editing it line-for-line.
> You will have to run "make distinfo" to regenerate the patch
> checksums, though, in order for pkgsrc to accept it.

This probably make sense, but it is not enough when using
LYNX_SCREEN_LIB=curses. The problem is that on IRIX 5.3
/usr/include/curses.h includes unctrl.h. A file of that name is installed with
ncurses and again includes ncurses.h, so both curses.h and ncurses get
included. To prevent this, one has to use -I/usr/include before
-I${LOCALBASE}/include in order for the system unctrl.h to be used.
I enforced this by specifying CC with -I/usr/included added. A more elegant
solution (+ suggestion how to integrate it into pkgsrc) would of course
be appreciated.

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 geos@epost.de     +49 177 8811442