Subject: Re: a few issues compiling www/lynx
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/13/2004 21:15:42
> Yes, IIRC, IRIX 6.X cc understands -rpath.  The mipspro-specific bl3
> wrappers convert from -Wl,-R to -Wl,-rpath for this reason.  If your
> compiler behaves differently, then please let me know how the IRIX 5.3

It appears irix 5.3 cc does not support that feature, neither with -R
nor with -rpath.

> MIPSpro compiler is different from the IRIX 6.x one.  In particular,
> knowing the output of "cc -version" would be good, as well as how to

cc -version does not work, so does cc -V

cc -V
cc: Warning: -V is not supported.

That is why I have problems with mk/compiler/mipspro.mk trying to
figure out the cc version.

> > - -lintl can (and probably should?) be left out in LIBS in makefile.
>
> Looking through the source code, it looks to me that lynx uses
> gettext() functions quite heavily, so linking against -lintl seems
> like a requirement.  Does your IRIX provide built-in gettext() functions
> int he C library or some other library distributed with your system?

fankly, I do not know.
What occurs to me, it is not just -lintl which is not being used, it is
a whole bunch of files not being created but expected by PLIST.
This appears to be caused by CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --enable-nls not being used
for IRIX. I have just changed this, and things seem to work fine with it.
I wonder what is the reason to exclude it for IRIX?

Another issue: PLIST lists share/lynx/lynx_doc/CHANGES.orig_dist, but here
at least that file is not created.

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 geos@epost.de     +49 177 8811442