Subject: DrWeb package
To: None <pkgsrc-wip-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@apk.od.ua>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/13/2004 19:44:20
Greetings!

The DrWeb is a well known antivirus suite with powerful core engine and
various tools available even as open sources. It supports Linux,
FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris/i386 and still porting to more. Please take a
look at

	http:///www.sald.com/

The DrWeb antivirus is available via pkgsrc-wip already about the year.
Currently it includes the following components:

	drweb			antivirus daemon and file scanner
	drweb-clients-shared	common documentation and configuration
				files for various AV daemon clients
	drweb-smf		filter for sendmail MUA (Milter API)
	drweb-dc		cmdline client to AV daemon

Moreover, there are existent clients for other MTAs such as Communigate
Pro, Qmail, Postfix, etc. and filters for Samba and Squid are also
available (all open source).

It works well on my production FreeBSD servers and has been well tested
on NetBSD both current and stable (see TODOs for details). Moreover the
installation may be possible on Linux/i386 and Solaris/i386, but i
haven't them and thus haven't tested this.

Unfortunatelly, I'm lost any interest of maintaining all four packages.
So if anybody want to become a new maintainer, your letters are welcome
directly to my e-mail:

	mishka (at) apk (dot) od (dot) ua

--
Thanks a lot,