Subject: Re: Some changes to pkgsrc/Makefile...
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/13/2004 11:16:04
--MvEh5MSbieV/1Yst

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 12:06:06AM +0100, Juan RP wrote:

> I would like to commit this patch which at least doesn't rebuild
> the INDEX file when it's already there. Also this changes the
> word "Port" to "pkg", because we are not using FreeBSD ports...
>=20
> Is it ok to commit?
>=20
> http://xtraeme.unixbsd.org:81/patches/index.diff

I'm all for s/Port/pkg/, but the point of using make(1) is that we
don't rebuild things when we don't need to, but perhaps the INDEX
target always rebuilds because its dependency list would be at least
*/*/Makefile ;)

I don't know what to do about it, but I would prefer that 'make
INDEX' always produced an up-to-date INDEX file, and I don't know
why a user running 'make INDEX' would expect anything else.

grant.

--MvEh5MSbieV/1Yst

--MvEh5MSbieV/1Yst--