Subject: Re: package > pkgsrc feature possible?
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/11/2004 11:05:26
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Juan RP wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:05:07 +1100
> Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok that is way cool!!
> >
> > I am trying it now - it's unclear whether it continues that process for
> > dependencies as well? It looks like it isn't contacting NetBSD ftp
> > anymore...
>
> I think dependencies will be installed correctly, because bin-install calls
> pkg_add internally, which handle them automatically :-)

There is one caveat with this - if a binary package depends on a package
which isn't there, that dependency will fail. It can not build a
dependency of a binary package from source.

So if you delete a binary package, make damn sure you delete anything that
depends on it.

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget