Subject: updating package version may make it be skipped during buildlinking
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/10/2004 20:22:53
Several times today and yesterday, I have updated a package and increased
the PKGREVISION (in my pkgsrc). Then when building another package
depending on another package that depends on it, the buildlink is not
done.

For example building graphics/gle. In my case it needs, xlibs which
depends on x11/libXmu. I updated my libXmu and bumped the PKGREVISION.
Next time I did a make clean and make in graphics/gle, the
work.bigfour/.buildlink/.buildlink_libXmu_done was empty.

I assume the problem is caused because I didn't bump the PKGREVISION for
xlibs.

This is probably not a problem, but I am just curious, because I don't
recall seeing this behaviour with buildlink2 system.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/