Subject: MesaLib and NVidia drivers
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce J.A. Nourish <netbsd@bjan.freeshell.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/10/2004 22:57:04
Hey everyone,

I've spend the last few weeks working on a stereoscopic projection
system using FreeBSD + pkgsrc. I've got several new packages (and
a few bug reports) lined up.

One problem I've had that needs some thinking about is that
graphics/MesaLib clobbers the NVidia accelerated drivers,
lib/libGL*, include/GL/*. I've kludged around this problem for the
moment, but it needs a more permanent solution.

I guess the Right Thing to do is implement something like
pthreads.buildlink.mk, where the system's pthreads are used if
available, but pth (or similar) is installed and used if not.
It would probably be a five minute job for some pkgsrc guru out there.

Also, I seem to vaguely remember a thread about a package for the
NVidia drivers. Is someone already working on this?
--
Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan@bjan.freeshell.org> http://bjan.freeshell.org