Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/gmake
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/09/2004 00:40:59
On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 10:21:42PM +0000, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> As long as it's well-enough documented (in
> pkgsrc/devel/gmake/Makefile), I'd go along with it, but...  why bother
> complicating things unnecessarily?  These circular dependencies are a
> right PITA to find and squish, and none of this does anything to help
> that.

I'm not sure I understand -- I thought circular dependencies are
quite easy to find.

Also, as Michal Pasternak wrote, bzip2 seems to compile fine
with our native make and the one from bootstrap-pkgsrc.

I don't think it's a good idea to limit ourselves because of
possible problems that could appear in the future, if it is
not very probable that they will really appear, and that doesn't
seem to be case here.

Cheers,
 Thomas