Subject: Re: strange things with -current and net-snmp
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/07/2004 02:09:04
I'm moving this discussion here because net/net-snmp has no maintainer.

-Brian

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 23:29, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> It's possible kvm(3) ABI changes on -current, I think.  If this is the

On the note of the memory_netbsd1.* and vmstat_netbsd1.* issue,

-Dnetbsd1 is definitely getting set in the root Makefile. (someone had
suggested that to be the cause)

Makefile:CFLAGS+=               -Dnetbsd1

work/net-snmp-5.0.9/agent/mibgroup/Makefile.depend then depends:

./agent/mibgroup/ucd-snmp/vmstat_netbsd1.lo  -- and :
./agent/mibgroup/ucd-snmp/memory_netbsd1.lo

...and so on down the dependency tree.  I'll script(1) it out and see
where it's failing.

Also, I think our CONFIGURE_ARGS require -with-mib-modules="smux host
disman/event-mib" (and rc.d/snmpd.sh may need "-I event-mib" as well) in
order to enable that feature-set.

That's the module that allows the agent to monitor it's own internal
tables, such as critical process monitoring and disk usage.

-Brian