Subject: xcdroast using cdrtools-ossdvd
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/06/2004 00:03:52
(This email BCC'd to the two MAINTAINERs.)

Why do we have the "cdrecord bits for xcdroast" separate? (I guess this is
answered in some old posting.)

I guess some day, the DVD-writing will be in official cdrtools, but
until then ...

I'd like an option to use cdrtools-ossdvd components for xcdroast.

From the screenshots on the cdrtools-ossdvd webpage, it appears that
xcdroast works fine with this DVD version.

Anyone else using (or want to use) cdrtools-ossdvd and xcdroast?

I personally use the command-line tools, but my wife and family uses
xcdroast. (And now we have a DVD writer to try.)

By the way, cdrecord maybe should be renamed cdrtools (which it really
is).

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/