Subject: Re: Unifying the handling for xsrc, XFree86, and freedesktop
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Marc Recht <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/05/2004 20:38:40

> As it is now, the xlibs are very useful for installing
> various X clients. This can help with systems that do not need a full X,
> but do have a few required software that need some X libraries. I have

What I said: it should be the users choice.

> been using various X clients (like rxvt and aterm) on some remote systems
> (using xlibs).

The reason why I suggested pkgsrc-wip was that I though that there has been =

no release version yet. But, after looking at their page I saw that they=20
made a release on 24-Jan-2004. I'm all for importing the release version=20
into pkgsrc.

Marc Recht

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)