Subject: Re: Unifying the handling for xsrc, XFree86, and freedesktop
To: None <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/05/2004 11:20:19
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Marc Recht wrote:

> IMHO the user has the right to shoot himself in the food. So, if the user
> decides to rather install an incomplete(?) distribution of X11 (
> he/her should be able to do so. But, IMHO most of the stuff should
> remain in pkgsrc-wip until it's (more) finished.

As it is now, the xlibs are very useful for installing
various X clients. This can help with systems that do not need a full X,
but do have a few required software that need some X libraries. I have
been using various X clients (like rxvt and aterm) on some remote systems
(using xlibs).

   Jeremy C. Reed