Subject: Re: Unifying the handling for xsrc, XFree86, and freedesktop
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Frederick Bruckman <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/05/2004 11:37:48
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> > > Also, FreeBSD is working hard at using xlibs to provide
> > > most of their X Libraries.
> >
> > Why?
> (This explains most.)

...becase Keith Packard forked after he was kicked out
of XFree86? That explains nothing -- not why he has kicked out, or why
we should care.

...because NetBSD is embracing's fork? This rather
begs the question, doesn't it?

This is just a list of files. What does that have to do with the
question I asked, which is why NetBSD pkgsrc should embrace Keith
Packard's (incomplete) fork of XFree86 in favor of XFree86? Before you
send us hurtling down this course, I think you owe us some explanation
of what this is all about, and who the players are.