Subject: Re: solaris/gcc problem
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/04/2004 14:55:10
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > ld: fatal: library -lgcc: not found

> I think I found the problem:
> _GCC_SUBPREFIX is set to gcc/ instead of gcc3/. I don't know why,
> _CC is properly set to /usr/local/gcc3/bin/gcc.
> But ${_CC:T:S/\/bin$//:S/${LOCALBASE}\///:S/${LOCALBASE}//}/ returns
> "gcc/" instead of "gcc3/"

> I can't say why.
> For now I hardcoded _GCC_PREFIX in gcc.mk

This is probably related to why I have multiple missing -lstdc++ errors.
(Later, I will try hardcoding that too. Thanks.)

I also had -lgcc problems (as discussed on this list and in private to
jlam this past couple days). Some were related to me having X11BASE set
to LOCALBASE. (This is a new problem for me since I have been doing that
for a couple months on this system.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/