Subject: Re: x11 buildlink symlinks wrong when LOCALBASE is /usr
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/04/2004 12:48:09
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Juan RP wrote:

> Looks like you have same problem I had some days ago, changing
> ${LN} -sf to ${LN} -f in x11-links Makefile, and rebuilding it should fix
> this problem.

That will only work when on same file system. (Which will work for me
now.)

I forgot to mention that I have had same problem many times. I noticed it
was the same again.

It is caused by the CheckSymlink() function in pkg_install/create/pl.c.

My workaround for a long time was to do this with the lndir command.

> Johnny C. Lam told me that he knows the problem and it will be fixed soon.

Excellent. I have had this problem since November 2002.

I wonder if I send-pr'd this ...

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/