Subject: recent buildlink and/or compiler changes have made pkgsrc stop
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/03/2004 12:38:24
I think recent buildlink and/or compiler changes have made pkgsrc stop
working for me. This is under Linux with LOCALBASE (and X11BASE) as /usr.

I used PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL=11. At first I received some lines like:

openldap build worked for a while and finally failed with:

/bin/sh
/scratch/pkgsrc/databases/openldap/work.puget/openldap-2.1.22/libtool
--mode=link  cc -g -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/db4  -Lnot_found
-Wl,-Rnot_found -L/usr/cc/lib -Wl,-R/usr/cc/lib -L/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/lib
-version-info 2:122:0 -rpath /usr/lib -o liblber.la assert.lo decode.lo
encode.lo io.lo bprint.lo debug.lo  memory.lo options.lo sockbuf.lo
stdio.lo version.lo
*** [buildlink3] Warning: libtool detected -Lnot_found
/usr/bin/libtool: line 1: cd: not_found: No such file or directory
libtool: link: cannot determine absolute directory name of `not_found'
*** Error code 1

If the directory is "not_found" then that should be checked instead of
trying to cd to it. And it should give an informative message at
buildlinking time. What is not found?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/

p.s. Please note that I have probably built and installed openldap over
ten times using LOCALBASE as /usr over the past few months with various
stages of pkgsrc.