Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/XFree86
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/02/2004 20:13:52
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:48:42 -0800 (PST)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:

> What is the purpose of using xpkgwedge with XFree86 packages?
>
> I thought xpkgwedge shouldn't be used if LOCALBASE and X11BASE were the
> same. I was told that a couple months ago that I should just set X11BASE
> and to be sure to not use xpkgwedge. And xpkgwedge can't be installed when
> X11BASE is LOCALBASE.

Yes, you are right, teorically xpkgwedge shouldn't be used... but
reinstall/deinstall XFree86 packages in a bulk build with a previous
X11BASE installed will remove some files... so it's really dangerous.

Anyway, we can install now them with or without xpkgwedge.

--
Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>