Subject: Re: "Missing symbols" when compiling agains gtk2+...
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Marc Recht <recht@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/01/2004 20:15:32
--==========F474CDB79BB98DE67F41==========

> That's a lot of patches, and none of them seem to touch the pkgconfig
> files. Are you certain fixing gkrellm isn't just dumb luck? (Maybe we
> need those anyway for buildlink; I don't know.)

With the patches fontconfig/freetype/xft/Xrandr/Xrender/xcursor aren't=20
taken from XFree, so X11R6/lib isn't used at all. That way no lib from=20
XFree which requires one of the former libs is used. This means the=20
libfonfig beeing pulled in should always be the one in ${LOCALBASE}/lib.

> When you replace a shared library of the stock system, I think it's
> never going to work correctly all of the time, unless you can ensure
> that "-Wl,-rath-link,${LOCALBASE}/lib..." will be added to the link
> command line. I'd like to correct my earlier statement: it's not
> actually "pangoxft.pc" that needs the rpath-link, but "fontconfig.pc",
> "xft.pc", and "xrender.pc"; "pangoxft" only needs "xft" to be added to
> its "Requires" line.

Maybe we could at this to PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE (if gcc is beeing used) ?

--=20
Marc Recht
--==========F474CDB79BB98DE67F41==========

--==========F474CDB79BB98DE67F41==========--