Subject: Re: Errors Building xmms
To: None <jim.michael@toadmail.com>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/01/2004 00:38:56
--XRI2XbIfl/05pQwm

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 12:08:55AM -0500, jim.michael@toadmail.com wrote:

> I'm recently installed 1.6.1 on an i386.  I did a make install to install xmms
> and received errors noted below.  I reviewed the email archives and have seen
> some problems with building in the past but am unsure what applies today.  Any
> help you could provide would be appreciated.  Also, I apologize in advance if I
> posted to the wrong list as I'm new to NetBSD and am on a learning curve.

you posted to the right list .. welcome aboard :-)

I had (and fixed) an issue on Solaris which had the same symptom.
turned out to be a buildlink2.mk file using grep(1) where egrep(1)
was needed.

try "make clean; make buildlink PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL=2" in audio/libogg for
hints what's going wrong. you'll get a LOT of output, but it should
help you identify the command being run which is causing it to fail.

then we can see about fixing it :-)

grant.

--XRI2XbIfl/05pQwm

--XRI2XbIfl/05pQwm--