Subject: Re: where is BUILDLINK_CXX defined?
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/31/2004 06:58:43
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 01:03:55AM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > x11/qt3-libs creates a qmake.conf with a blank CXX because BUILDLINK_CXX
> > is not defined.
> >
> > Where is BUILDLINK_CXX defined? (I didn't see in mk/*/*, mk/* nor
> > lang/gcc*/*.)
>
> It should be defined at line 622 of bsd.buildlink2.mk.

Thanks. I see that I had removed CXX.
-_BLNK_WRAPPEES=                AS CC CXX CPP LD
+_BLNK_WRAPPEES=                AS CC CPP LD

... because I couldn't do anything unless I had g++ installed. I don't
recall error, but it couldn't make link.

This makes me wonder what is the purpose of having separate gcc3-c and
gcc3-c++ packages?

Usually, I have g++ available (from gcc3-c++ package).

Maybe there should be some way to detect if CXX is needed and only have it
defined for _BLNK_WRAPPEES as appropriate.

I added the CXX back to _BLNK_WRAPPEES for now.

(This may have fixed my other problem with -lstdc++ missing with
x11/qt3-libs too. It is slowly building...)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/