Subject: Re: ORBit didn't buildlink any include or libraries
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/31/2004 06:56:24
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> I am using X11BASE = LOCALBASE for a few months on this system. I had
> patched mk/buildlink2/bsd.buildlink2.mk to not strip out X11BASE when it
> was same as LOCALBASE.
>
> But I haven't done anything with mk/buildlink3/bsd.buildlink3.mk for that
> yet.

So I changed ORBit back to USE_BUILDLINK2 and changed the buildlink3.mk
references to buildlink2.mk and it configured and appeared to build fine.

> Is anyone else using X11BASE as LOCALBASE? (Instead of using xpkgwedge.)

So to rephrase this:

Is anyone else using X11BASE as LOCALBASE when using USE_BUILDLINK3?

I think the USE_BUILDLINK3 works fine for me when USE_X11 is set, but when
not set, it doesn't make the symlinks. So to verify this, I went back to
USE_BUILDLINK3 and buildlink3.mk and I also defined USE_X11 for
net/ORBit/Makefile. And it properly made the .buildlink/lib and
.buildlink/include links.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/