Subject: Re: kdebase-3.1.5nb2 problem
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/29/2004 16:13:54
On Thursday 29 January 2004 11:28 am, Phil Nelson wrote:
>   I was wondering if someone knows my problem .... I ended up recompiling
> all of KDE due to an update of tiff .... and now I'm getting the following
> error with kdebase-3.1.5nb2:
>
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1.0) (library qt-mt) not
> found.

Just in case someone was thinking about this one ... I discovered the problem
and the solution.   It appears when old versions of Xrender and Xft2 were
deleted they didn't delete their libs from /usr/X11R6/lib (possibly due to a
change in where the libs exist) and the new ones were installed in
/usr/pkg/lib ... and other packages must have found the right location, but
kdebase was using the older versions of Xrender and Xft2 libs ... with
errors.

*sigh*

--Phil