Subject: Re: Exiscan and ClamAV
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Frank DeChellis DSL <frankd@iaw.on.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/28/2004 20:58:55
Sorry...I commented them after they didn;t work.  They were uncommented
when I tried to run it.

I even tried plugging in the whole example (tailored to me) from the
flatmtn site.  no luck.

Is there a quick and dirty way to implement this as a daemon?

Thanks
Frank

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:26:49 -0800 (PST)
> From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
> To: Frank DeChellis DSL <frankd@iaw.on.ca>
> Cc: tech-pkg@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: Exiscan and ClamAV
>
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Frank DeChellis DSL wrote:
>
> >  Here is my last attempt but Exim doesn;t read it.
> >
> >  # EXISCAN AV OPTIONS
> >  #exiscan_av_condition = 1
> >  #exiscan_av_action = reject
> >  #exiscan_av_scanner = cmdline
> >  #exiscan_av_scanner_path = /usr/pkg/bin/clamscan
>
> Did you uncomment the lines you wanted? (I am asking because your examples
> show that they are commented.)
>
> You can also try using the daemon instead of command line client.
>
> Also be sure to send SIGHUP to exim to reload config. Verify first with
> "exim -C /usr/pkg/etc/exim/configure -bV".
>
> Also have a look at
> http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/exiscan-acl-spec.txt
> http://www.flatmtn.com/computer/Linux-EximExiscan.html
> http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/Exim-SpamAndVirusScanning.pdf
>

>    Jeremy C. Reed
>    http://www.reedmedia.net/

Frank DeChellis
Internet Access Worldwide
3 East Main Street    Welland, Ontario, Canada    L3B 3W4
905-714-1400     fax 905-732-0524
www.iaw.com