Subject: Re: OpenSSL support compiled in PHP?
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@NetBSD.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/28/2004 15:01:36
Quentin Garnier wrote:
> PHP4 needs OpenSSL support compiled in to establish tls/ssl connections.
> The openssl module only contains a few functions, support for tls
> connections is elsewhere in PHP4 code.
>
> I think it makes the openssl module mostly useless, and I suggest we
> compile in support for OpenSSL in our php4 packages (mostly www/php4 and
> www/ap-php4, right?).

I'd prefer not to make it part of base PHP pkg - the functionality
is rarely used, so it would be unnecessary bloat for most users.

Where is the TLS related code located and what uses it? Perhaps
it would be possible to pull the TLS support code to openssl
extension module?

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-