Subject: Re: XFree86-clients: xterm won't compile
To: None <>
From: Juan RP <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/28/2004 00:10:10

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:14:50 -0500
"David W. Talmage" <> wrote:

> I just built and installed XFree86-clients.  Everything but xterm
> compiled.  I don't understand why the compiler is complaining.  There is
> something the matter with function name in the actionsList[] in
> programs/xterm/charproc.c
> HandleAllowSends, for example, is defined in menu.h, which is included
> by charproc.c.  I expect the others are, too.

Can you show me the output of these commands please?

$ pkg_info -p imake && pkg_info -p XFree86-libs

You cannot mix two different PREFIX for the XFree86 packages, I think it's
your problem, correct me if I'm wrong, so if imake and XFree86-libs was built
using PREFIX=/usr/pkg, all XFree86 packages have to use same PREFIX.

BTW, to install XFree86 completely to X11PREFIX rather than X11BASE, you
will have to do 's/X11BASE/X11PREFIX/g' in x11-links/Makefile (this will not be
needed until XFree86-clients...)

My suggestion is, don't use xpkgwedge if you want to install the XFree86
packages,  remove this before try to build it.

Juan RP <>

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)