Subject: Re: XFree86-clients: xterm won't compile
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
From: David W. Talmage <talmage@madison.onespeeddave.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/27/2004 18:39:57
Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org> wrote:
>On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:14:50 -0500
>"David W. Talmage" <talmage@madison.onespeeddave.com> wrote:
>
>> I just built and installed XFree86-clients.  Everything but xterm
>> compiled.  I don't understand why the compiler is complaining.  There is
>> something the matter with function name in the actionsList[] in
>> programs/xterm/charproc.c
>>
>> HandleAllowSends, for example, is defined in menu.h, which is included
>> by charproc.c.  I expect the others are, too.
>
>Can you show me the output of these commands please?
>
>$ pkg_info -p imake && pkg_info -p XFree86-libs

talmage.franklin.catbox% pkg_info -p imake
Information for imake-4.3.0:

Prefix(s):
        CWD to: /usr/pkg

talmage.franklin.catbox% pkg_info -p XFree86-libs
Information for XFree86-libs-4.3.0:

Prefix(s):
        CWD to: /usr/pkg

>You cannot mix two different PREFIX for the XFree86 packages, I think it's
>your problem, correct me if I'm wrong, so if imake and XFree86-libs was built
>using PREFIX=/usr/pkg, all XFree86 packages have to use same PREFIX.

That may be what's happening.  I built imake and XFree86-libs while I
still had /usr/X11R6 soft linked to /usr/X11R6-4.2.  When they built
successfully, I removed the soft link and made a new one to point to
/usr/pkg.  Then I built the XFree86 meta package.

I also had xpkgwedge installed before all this.

>BTW, to install XFree86 completely to X11PREFIX rather than X11BASE, you
>will have to do 's/X11BASE/X11PREFIX/g' in x11-links/Makefile (this will not be
>needed until XFree86-clients...)
>
>My suggestion is, don't use xpkgwedge if you want to install the XFree86
>packages,  remove this before try to build it.

I'll try that and let you know.