Subject: Re: openoffice-linux testers needed
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/25/2004 18:09:56
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 10:05:24AM +0100, Michael Rauch wrote:
> I've created an updated version of the openoffice-linux package.
> Under -current everything is fine, but if I try it under my 1.6.2_RC3 test
> installation (same hardware), the install program fails.

finally I've found the problem:
It is the bug fixed in src/sys/compat/linux/common/linux_file.c 1.61->1.62
(pread/pwrite in Linux was translated into normal read/write in NetBSD,
 causing data to be written at the wrong location)
This bug seems to affect only one single file, and only when this file has
to be created, so there's an easy workaround by copying a known good version
there before the real installation process.

I've updated the package in pkgsrc and it works fine on my computer both
under 1.6.2_RC3 and current from Dec 7. As usual, if you have any problems,
please report them via send-pr.

Michael