Subject: Re: running GNU configure scripts with ${CONFIG_SHELL}
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/24/2004 23:46:27
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, grant beattie wrote:

> I've noticed that /bin/sh barfs on some GNU configure scripts on
> Solaris. I recall someone else having issues with GNU configure
> scripts which was fixed by using ksh.

That was me. (You said I could commit it after I told you how it was
working, but I didn't hear back from you. This was our personal "Subject:
Re: devel/cvs and ./configure.lineno: 9897: Syntax error: "!" unexpected
thread.)

I have been using this idea on several boxes (Linux, NetBSD and BSD/OS)
for over a month now.

Yes, please do it.

> -	    ${CONFIGURE_ENV} ${CONFIGURE_SCRIPT} ${CONFIGURE_ARGS}
> +	    ${CONFIGURE_ENV} ${CONFIG_SHELL} \
> +	    ${CONFIGURE_SCRIPT} ${CONFIGURE_ARGS}

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/