Subject: Re: Splitting the gnome2 meta package
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Marc Recht <recht@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/24/2004 20:11:33
--==========D2ED9DFF17D82433E470==========

> - Add a gnome-base meta-pkg that depends on basic gnome stuff.  This =
means

[...]

> - Modify the actual gnome2 package to depend on gnome-base (so that we =
get

[...]

I like this. I also like to see fonts/vera-ttf added to the list.

- Add a gnome-extras package that depends on several other
> things that are   not directly related to gnome but are commonly used
> together it.  This   includes gaim, gqview-devel, rhythmbox, evolution,
> xchat, pan, and   probably others.

I'm not sure about the added value of this. If it's about getting the (new) =

user a working desktop environment quick then the name should IMHO be=20
something like "gnome-desktop" and also contain common apps like=20
mozilla(-gtk2), mplayer, ogle and so on.

--=20
Marc Recht
--==========D2ED9DFF17D82433E470==========

--==========D2ED9DFF17D82433E470==========--