Subject: Re: hard-coded -O3 in audio/flac (and probably elsewhere)
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/24/2004 13:09:51

Steve Rumble <> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 11:55:51AM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > Yes, but my point was that we can probably replace
> >=20
> > .if defined(USE_MIPSPRO) && (${OPSYS} =3D=3D "IRIX")
> >=20
> > with
> >=20
> > .if defined(USE_MIPSPRO)
> >=20
> > (Not only in this instance but pkgsrc-wide, I guess.)
> NetBSD/sgimips has irix emulation. I have not, nor do I know of
> anybody who has used the mipspro compiler under emulation, but I
> suppose that it is not an impossible scenario.

True - but as has been pointed out to me, regardless of whether or not
USE_MIPSPRO implies IRIX, the patch in question (as other mipspro
compiler specific patches) can be applied as soon as USE_MIPSPRO is
true, since it's compiler- and not platform-specific.  That is, MIPSPro
compilers on (actual, fictual or future) non-IRIX platforms are likely
to use the same flags as the irix-mipspro compiler.

Except most of the good bits were about frogs, I remember that.
You would not believe some of the things about frogs.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)