Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/stunnel
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jan.vier@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/24/2004 16:21:37
> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 03:08:25 +0000 (UTC)
> From: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>

> put the stunnel.pid file in /var/run, not ${PREFIX}/var/run.

I had previously inquired on tech-pkg about the availability of /var/run
on different platforms but failed to follow up on this.

=46rom the answers I got /var/run exists almost everywhere but might be
missing on older revisions of the OS.

NetBSD: yes
FreeBSD: yes
OpenBSD: yes
Solaris: yes (>=3D8)
MacOS X: yes
Linux: yes (RH 7.2 confirmed, SuSe 6.4 confirmed, FHS requires it)
HP-UX: yes
Tru64 (OSF/1): yes (4.0D (3.2A) confirmed)
Irix: not on 6.5, probably not on Irix 5?
BSDOS: probably yes?
AIX: ?

I would like to suggest a new variable PKG_STATEDIR pointing to the
directory where "system information files, rebuilt after each reboot"
(from hier(7)) can be kept.

The bootstrap process could create (./bootstrap --pkgstatedir=3Dsomedir)
and record it in mk.conf.example, with the default in defs.OPSYS.mk.

People with a working setup where it is missing (eg Solaris 7 or
Irix 6) would somehow have to be notified to create it. Any suggestion
how to do that?

ciao
     Klaus