Subject: Re: pkgsrc/mail/evolution 1.2.x -> 1.4.x upgrade time
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl+usenet-2003-05@emsi.priv.at>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/23/2004 01:52:27
On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 08:34:53PM +0000, Martin J. Laubach wrote:
>   This might as well be the problem of gnucash, which shows similar
> problems (callback funktions in loaded modules not found).

I don't claim to understand ld.elf_so, but if I read the Open Group
specs correctly...

RTLD_GLOBAL
    The object's symbols shall be made available for the relocation
    processing of any other object. In addition, symbol lookup using
    dlopen(0, mode) and an associated dlsym() allows objects loaded
    with this mode to be searched.

and look at the code in src/libexec/ld.elf_so/rtld.c:617:

        if (name == NULL) {
                obj = _rtld_objmain;
                obj->refcount++;
        } else
                obj = _rtld_load_library(name, _rtld_objmain, mode);

... me thinks that _rtld_objmain probably is not the right list to search
if the mode parameter is RTLD_GLOBAL.

Martin