Subject: Re: Installing symlink from /usr/pkg/bin/python to preferred version...
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/22/2004 13:58:15
Luke Mewburn [Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 12:30:49AM +1100]:
> I could potentially have a bunch of python programs that have
> 	#!/usr/bin/env python
> in them.  These are ~/bin, which is shared amongst many systems.
> I don't see why I have to edit those scripts depending upon which
> python package a particular pkgsrc-using system has installed.
> That is _lame_.

Of course, I completly agree with you. But, as there are possibly some other
packages, which could use such symlink-to-the-version-I-want functionality,
I think we should work on something more general, available for all
packages, so other packages can also benefit. Such temporary fixes, as the
one you provided, won't really help much IMO.