Subject: Mesa-6.0 cleaned up
To: None <>
From: Adam Ciarcinski <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/22/2004 14:19:17

I've just commited changes to all Mesa-6.0 packages, this include:

- now every library (GL, GLU, and glut) is built using LIBTOOL

- no more *_pic.a libraries, but *.a and *.la

- since MesaLib, glu, and glut use MesaLib's patches and distfiles,
  unnecessary patches have been removed

- fixed linking for MesaDemos

- Makefiles cleaned up, all common definitions kept in

- MesaLib/ to include also libGLw.*

For the future, I propose:

- removal of Mesa/, since present pkgsrc structure does not
  support older versions of Mesa package (the old ones used 'configure'
  script, etc.)

- integrataion of MesaLib, glu, and glut into one 'graphics/Mesa' package
  OpenGL developers usually need all the libraries, and I can't find a
  reason for keeping them split, unless one wants an additional mess

Thank you for your attention :)

	kind regards

		- Adam