Subject: '//' for comments in C code? (archivers/unace)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/21/2004 20:49:45
archivers/unace uses '//' to indicate comments in the code. To my
knowledge, this is not proper C, but rather C++ style.
The IRIX cc consequently does not recognize these lines as comments and
fails to compile.
When I convert it into /* */ things work perfectly.
I think for the sake of portability // should probably not be used in C
code. Pkgsrc should try to remedy that problem of the original sources.
Of course I could simply send diffs, but wouldn't it be more elegant to
automatically have these lines either truncated beginning with // or
converted into /* */ just before compiling?
What would be the best way to accompish that?

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 geos@epost.de     +49 177 8811442