Subject: Re: imap-uw suggestion
To: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@apk.od.ua>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/21/2004 09:33:49
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 01:40:13 -0500
"Louis  Guillaume" <lguillaume@berklee.edu> wrote:

> I've been patching src/osdep/unix/env_unix.c in the imap-uw package
> manually for a while now so that I can specify a "mailsubdir" on my imap
> server. Finally I got tired of doing it over and over. This avoids the
> users' imap folders ending up in their home directory (which is the
> default).
>
> This may not be the best approach in pkgsrc, but here's what I did on

That's it. All feature/bug fixes related to software itself should be
sent to software authors.

> our system and it seems to work ok. Apply this patch and build with
> IMAP_UW_MAILSUBDIR="mail" and all imap folders show up in ${HOME}/mail
> for each user.
> [snip]

I think you can achieve this functionality by creating /etc/c-client.cf
file within following contents:

	I accept the risk
	set mail-subdirectory mail

This means all mailfolders for users will be stored in their $HOME/mail
directory. For example, my own practice is use .IMAP subdirectory. Please
take a look to ${PKG_PREFIX}/share/doc/imap-uw/imaprc.txt file and its
companions.

But another question which I have for a long time is why c-client.cf file
stored in the /etc directory, instead of ${PKG_PREFIX}/etc one? I haven't
look to all c-client software, but seems this file used by libc-lient.*
libraries only, and no clients' references are needed, isn't it?

Thus, maybe we can move it to /usr/pkg/etc instead?

--
TIA,
Mishka.