Subject: Re: pkgsrc/mail/evolution 1.2.x -> 1.4.x upgrade time
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/19/2004 21:03:22
(Please let me know it this is out of charter for tech-pkg.)

Trying to compile mail/evolution on 1.6.2ish, I lose with

camel-object.c:35: semaphore.h: No such file or directory
gmake[3]: *** [camel-object.lo] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ANONCVS/pkgsrc/mail/evolution/work/evolution-1.4.5/camel'

camel-object.c has

#ifdef ENABLE_THREADS
#include <pthread.h>
#include <semaphore.h>
#include <e-util/e-msgport.h>
#endif

but pth-2.0.0 doesn't seem to provide semaphore.h, and that appears to
be in -current, but not in 1.6.2.

Threads seem non-optional in evolution.  camel/camel-object.c seems to
use semaphores to synchronize whenever it uses threads.

Googling got me little, other than a tar file which was a port of some
freebsd posix sems to bsdi, offered to netbsd.....

Any clues, other than 'upgrade to -current'?

(evolution did compile on -current)

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>