Subject: Re: pkgsrc/archivers/dar: configure fails to find zlib.h
To: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
From: David S. <davids@idiom.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/18/2004 12:36:32
> When doing a bmake configure in pkgsrc/archivers/dar it fails to find
> zlib.h. Here is the respective part from config.log:
>

> As a workaround (maybe a solution?) I added the following lines to
> pkgsrc/archivers/dar/Makefile:
>
> .include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk"
> .if ${OPSYS} == "IRIX"
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-os-bits=${ABI}
> .endif
> CPPFLAGS+=      -I${LOCALBASE}/include

I don't have access to an Irix system, or any other system without
'zlib' in the base system, but in this case you probably want to
introduce a dependency on 'pkgsrc/devel/zlib':

	.if ${OPSYS} == "IRIX"
	.include "../../devel/zlib/buildlink2.mk"
	.endif

> This gets me around the two aforementioned problems, but nevertheless
> configure still later fails since IRIX 5.3 does not have fnmatch.h, nor
> does pkgsrc provide for it.

'fnmatch.h' is in NetBSD's base distribution.  Again, I don't have an
Irix system, so I can't help here.  The configure script in the 'dar'
distribution seems to have a test for 'fnmatch.h'.  If it's failing on
Irix, you should report that problem to the 'dar' developers.

David S.