Subject: Re: IRIX 5.3 patch for mpg123
To: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/16/2004 21:47:50
Georg Schwarz [Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 10:21:04PM +0100]:
> What's NetBSD pkgsrc's policy on incorporating such patches to support
> further platforms (i.e. whom should I talk to; this is still somewhat
> confusing to me...)?

Georg,

thank you for your work & time spent.

NetBSD uses GNATS bug database to submit such problems. You should use
send-pr(1) command on NetBSD. Other OS can use wip/send-pr package, or
submit bugs via web, using form located at:

	http://netbsd.org/Misc/send-pr.html#submitting

Preferred method is to place your patches somewhere on the web and include
just the URL.

For now your patches propably can be incorporated to pkgsrc (someone has to
review & commit them first). You should e-mail mpg321 authors when the patch
hits pkgsrc, so they can include it to the mainstream development branch
(thus make their product more portable).