Subject: Re: IRIX 5.3 patch for mpg123
To: Georg Schwarz <>
From: Michal Pasternak <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/16/2004 21:47:50
Georg Schwarz [Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 10:21:04PM +0100]:
> What's NetBSD pkgsrc's policy on incorporating such patches to support
> further platforms (i.e. whom should I talk to; this is still somewhat
> confusing to me...)?

thank you for your work & time spent.

NetBSD uses GNATS bug database to submit such problems. You should use
send-pr(1) command on NetBSD. Other OS can use wip/send-pr package, or
submit bugs via web, using form located at:
Preferred method is to place your patches somewhere on the web and include
just the URL.

For now your patches propably can be incorporated to pkgsrc (someone has to
review & commit them first). You should e-mail mpg321 authors when the patch
hits pkgsrc, so they can include it to the mainstream development branch
(thus make their product more portable).