Subject: Re: Kerberos Prefix? (was: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc)
To: pkgsrc maintainer for kth-krb4 <wennmach@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/15/2004 09:39:57
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> I think the ftp from kth-krb4 should always be prefixed, because tnftp's
> (or lukemftp's) bin/ftp is essential for even using pkgsrc.  So then on
> platforms other than NetBSD, kth-krb4 can never be installed (and others
> depending on it, like xdm-krb4).

> KRB_PREFIX_CMDS?=      no

I see now that Johnny has already added KERBEROS_PREFIX_CMDS to
mk/bsd.pkg.defaults.mk and for the security/heimdal package.

Lex -- can you make security/kth-krb4 always install ftp as kftp (and
maybe also use the KERBEROS_PREFIX_CMDS) for your security/kth-krb4
package?

(I will do the wip/mit-krb5 package.)

Thank you,

   Jeremy C. Reed