Subject: make update and configuration files
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/15/2004 16:24:33
Hi,

I have noticed some strange pkgsrc behaviour. During "make update" the
config files of the packages was not installed. Is it really true (and not
my brainfart), is it intended behaviour?

"make replace" on the other hand installed needed configuration.

I've experienced such behaviour on today's updated pkgsrc and NetBSD stable.
After "make update" in one of glade2 or py-gtk2. "fontconfig" and "pango"
configuration files were not installed. After doing "make replace" for those
packages, everything got installed just fine, including config files.