Subject: Re: Rampantly unofficial bootstrap kits
To: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@terabyte.com.ua>
From: Douwe Kiela <virtus@wanadoo.nl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/15/2004 00:48:34
> "Mike M. Volokhov" <mishka@terabyte.com.ua> wrote:
> WIP developers often put new and new packages instead of working on
already
> existent. Of course, we can avoid the mentioned "stabilization period" by
> noting that packages should be expanded in quality way instead of
quantity.
> Is it not better to use one package, but well tested, rather than have a
> many packages, but unable to use anyone?
I think that, since this is pkgsrc-WIP we are talking about, we shouldn't
really
care about package stability, it is work in progress after all. Once the pkg
is
imported in pkgsrc, the quality should be 100%.
So, my vote is 'NO'..

I do think pkgsrc committers should have a look at pkgsrc-wip more often,
because there are a lot of packages without a TODO that are ready for import
AFAICT ;-).

-- Douwe