Subject: Re: Rampantly unofficial bootstrap kits
To: Mike M. Volokhov <>
From: Douwe Kiela <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/15/2004 00:48:34
> "Mike M. Volokhov" <> wrote:
> WIP developers often put new and new packages instead of working on
> existent. Of course, we can avoid the mentioned "stabilization period" by
> noting that packages should be expanded in quality way instead of
> Is it not better to use one package, but well tested, rather than have a
> many packages, but unable to use anyone?
I think that, since this is pkgsrc-WIP we are talking about, we shouldn't
care about package stability, it is work in progress after all. Once the pkg
imported in pkgsrc, the quality should be 100%.
So, my vote is 'NO'..

I do think pkgsrc committers should have a look at pkgsrc-wip more often,
because there are a lot of packages without a TODO that are ready for import

-- Douwe