Subject: Re: pkgsrc SpamAssassin Performance miserable under load
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2004.snew.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/14/2004 15:32:56
Quoting Martin Husemann (martin@duskware.de):
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 07:51:16PM -0500, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> > Sun E420's (4CPU/4GB RAM) running a perl I built (generic)
>
> Which compiler did you use? And which did you use for the pkgsrc one?

gcc 3.3.2

Given that lack of "oh yeah, me too" and further examination of
the perl differences (minimal), I'm thinking that the new SA is
likely just running more tests.

And I'm trying to make sure that it's NOT connecting to anything
via SSL :)

Mostly it will hang around at a load of 5 until a flurry comes
in then it cascades to a HUGE load, which smells of a resource
starvation.