Subject: Re: Rampantly unofficial bootstrap kits
To: None <,>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/13/2004 10:48:39

"Bruce J.A. Nourish" <> wrote:
> Bruce's rampantly unofficial bootstrap binary kits:

This message reminded me to bring up the topic of binary packages in
pkgsrc-wip.  Currently, we can only allow binary packages created by
NetBSD developers to be uploaded to, and similarly only
allow binary bootstrap kits from developers.

This way, we're missing out on binary packages that non-developers may
create, which of course includes but is not limited to pkgsrc-wip.  I
really think it would be very beneficial if pkgsrc-wip allowed commiters
to upload binary packages (and binary bootstrap kits).  Maybe we could
take, say, quarterly snapshots and release a pkgrc-wip-binary tarball as

Binary packages should of course be signed and the page would get a big
disclaimer regarding the risks involved (much like Bruce's page).

Of course it runs NetBSD!

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)