Subject: Re: pkgsrc/irix issues
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/07/2004 15:43:47
--SdvjNjn6lL3tIsv0

Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:
>=20
> I tried pkgsrc on Irix today, and so far found two interesting things:
>=20
> 1) configure runs *eight* times. Can we at least use --cache-file or
> better fix this to just run once?

You mean during bootstrap time?  Presumably not:  the idea is to bring
each of the tools into pkgsrc and then have one bootstrap-package (so to
speak) that reaches over and bootstraps everything.  That way, these
tools could also be registered as packages and one can update them
individually.

When we start working on this, we could see if it'd be possible for the
bootstrap-package to use a cache file, which certainly would be good.

> 2) I get lots of these:
>=20
> 	bmake: "../../mk/../../mk/compiler.mk" line 83: warning: Couldn't read
> 	shell's output for "if cc -v 2>&1 | /sbin/grep -q 'gcc version'; then
> 	echo `cc -v 2>&1 | /sbin/grep 'gcc version'`;  fi"
>=20
> FWIW, "cc -v" says:
> 	rfhsi8089% cc -v
> 	MIPSpro Compilers: Version 7.4

Set USE_MIPSPRO in your /etc/mk.conf.

> 3) I'm not sure if that's a consequence of the above, FETCH_CMD is set to
> /usr/bin/ftp. That seems because ZOULARISBASE is not set - when setting it
> manually to LOCALBASE, things seem to work fine.
> Why is ZOULARISBASE in defs.SunOS.mk but not defs.IRIX.mk (etc.)?

ZOULARISBASE is, AFAIK, deprecated.  My guess is that it's still in
defs.SunOS.mk as a leftover.  LOCALBASE should be sufficient.  But
either way, the example mk.conf generated by the bootstrap-process
should have contained ZOULARISBASE, too.  Did you copy the example
mk.conf file to /etc/mk.conf?  It also should set FETCH_CMD correctly.

-Jan

--=20
http://www.netbsd.org -
         Multiarchitecture OS, no hype required.