Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: Rene Hexel <>
From: Thomas Klausner <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/04/2004 23:01:39
On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 07:14:03AM +1000, Rene Hexel wrote:
>   Yes, you definitely would see me argue here in exactly
> the same fashion.  The difference is that I want to have
> a choice *when* I update my packages rather than being
> forced to do this immediately after cvsupdate even if
> there is no technical necessity.
>   Even if tiff-3.5.5 did not work at all on i386, I
> could still make a decision of doing some pkgsrc work
> first (when I have the time) and only then start the
> update (when I can do some other work and leave my
> system unattended).

Ok, then the solution you propose will fix your problem.
Please work on it :)