Subject: Re: elinks 0.9
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/04/2004 07:09:24
Soren Jacobsen [Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 10:42:34PM -0800]:
> On 01/04 06:39, Michal Pasternak wrote:
> > No, I think we can go without lua support (Python support is a must, but
> > lua? Who cares... :))). Seriously speaking, you can create "elinks"
> > including lua support and "elinks-nolua" without it.
>
> I don't think that's necessary.  The l in 'lua' is for lightweight,
> after all. It's currently enabled unconditionally and no one seems to be
> complaining.

Not being an elinks user, I've obviously overlooked this:

	http://elinks.or.cz/documentation/elinks-lua.html

As it seems to be important feature, it could be enabled unconditionally,
but OTOH people who need such lightweight browsers could use them on
really-low-RAM systems, where every byte does count (and availability of
binary packages is important).