Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/03/2004 22:06:23
On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I don't understand what you mean about "PKGREVISION for something that it
> wasn't made for". What I did was normal and has been done several times
> before.

PKGREVISION is a counter that tells (roughly) the number user-visible
changes to a pkg, when the distfile was not changes.

Using it for something else is a gross hack, and if there's a need to
express something else, go and add a new handle to do such things, and
don't overload existing interfaces.

The second sentense quoted above seems like a bad excuse to me, sorry.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>